Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Coat of Arms

Today, we had our first laboratory class in Nursing 10 (Nursing Fundamentals) . I came in really late. I thought the class was supposed to start at 8. I didn't hear the announcement yesterday that we'd be starting at 7:30.

Anyways, when I came in the assigned area, my group mates were busy drawing their coat of arms.

Each of us were required to make one which contains the following:

1. Thing you treasure the most
2. Greatest achievement so far
3. Goal as of the moment
4. The thing you want to be remembered most for

The first one I made was completed in less than twenty minutes. And I think it's messy.


The cross:: God is the one I consider most valuable in my life. Love God and everything else will follow.

The fish:: My goal is to take up marine biology years from now.

That weird-thing-on-the-upper-right-side-is-the-UP-logo :: My greatest achievement so far is being in UP

The droplet and the flame :: I want to be remembered as someone who had done something to save the ocean and as someone who kept burning for God.


After explaining my drawing, our teacher told me that I should ask myself if I'm really happy in taking up Nursing. In some sense, I am. I do not hate this course and I've actually gained a lot of experiences which made me appreciate this path I'm taking. BUT in all honesty, I cannot say I AM very happy with this course.

>> A few minutes ago, I just finished my second work which is actually a revised edition of the first one. I'll be writing my insights below it later on and we'll be passing it tomorrow.

I actually realized I had gold and silver colored pencils so I used them.

I just drew a shell and some seaweeds below instead of that fish thing. The eagle finally learned how to fly and landed on top of the shield which means I only have three symbols left.

I know I suck at drawing AND coloring. I just have to post them to remind me of how I think while I'm 17. I'll be reading this post again years from now and probably when that day comes, if I were asked to draw a coat of arms containing the same things, I might draw the same one but in a much better way or maybe, all the symbols in here will change but I hope the cross would still remain.

Gee~! Why am I always late?!?


1 comment:

  1. God bless you with all your plans :) stay safe there always

    ReplyDelete