Saturday, November 12, 2011

2nd of Part 1


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Are mothers supposed to be more kuripot than fathers?
Where Tatay would buy us rolls of 1 whole, 1/2 crosswise & lengthwise and 1/4 pads, Nanay would buy as a roll of 1 whole paper and tell us to "just cut them at school since it still is the same paper."
Where Tatay would give us 20 pesos a day during our elementary days, Nanay would send us to school with two, five, or luckily ten pesos in our pockets. I remember that time when Nanay gave me two pesos for my afternoon baon. I was rushing to school since I'm about too be late. Seeing those two 'Rizal-headed' coins proudly staring back at me got me really so mad that I threw it right back at my mother. Up until now, I really felt bad about that time. She got so angry at me that she gave me one of her trademark actions of discipline. She pinched a thin portion of the foreskin on my leg and turned it 270 degrees. And I tell you it really hurts; my blue skirt did nothing to lessen the force she exerted on doing that 'motherly pinching'.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 comments:

Post a Comment